October 31, 2010

Happy colors and happy news.



Among many things that are bringing me happiness this week, here are three of them.

Thing 1:
My fiber art piece "Circle the Ring Again" (shown above) was included in Patti Digh's book Creative is a Verb as an illustration for Patti's essay of the same name. This book features a variety of artwork by Patti's readers, and I'm delighted to be included among them. The book is out in stores now, and Patti is on a book tour. I'm looking forward to meeting her, since she'll be stopping nearby in December.

Thing 2:
In totally related news, I submitted a drawing to be considered for publication in Patti's next book, What I Wish for You, due out in April 2011. This week I found out that my work was accepted! I may have done a little dance when I got that email...

Thing 3:
I live in a gorgeous part of Greensboro, NC, where the autumn leaves are currently at the height of their beauty. I missed this landscape so much when I was in grad school, and I'm still so happy to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment