May 28, 2011

Scenes from the studio.

I love, love, love having a studio space again. This one is finally really starting to feel like home, and I look forward every weekend to my studio time and the corresponding (almost physical) act of stepping back into my artist identity.

The following are photos of some goodies that live in the studio now, after last weekend's field trip to The Scrap Exchange in Durham, NC. Round things and cylindrical things and fabric/wallpaper/paper samples...




These old friends, which have been packed away since I last had my own studio space five years ago, found a home on my work table today:



And here is a snapshot of the middle section of my inspiration board:



And finally, instigated by Carla Sonheim's book Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists, a page of cat doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment